woensdag 16 april 2014

starry scrappy night - one down, one to go

I was the queen bee in the comfort circle in January. I had finished two tops with the blocks I received, because the blocks were so big! you can find a tutorial for the blocks here. And a picture of both the tops here.

I've made a quilt out of one of the tops. I backed it with half of a duvet cover from Ikea (green and white checker) and quilted around the squares "in the ditch" to let the lovely assortment of fabrics speak for them selves. I quilted the outline of the white stars in different colors by hand to set them of even more, give them sparkle.




 It's bound with a buttery yellow striped fabric, by hand.



I love it! Giving it away isn't easy this time. But it will go to a local good cause of the salvation army. They offer kids who can't stay at home for some reason a temporary home either with a family or in a children's home. After some time it will become clear if the kids can go back to their homes, or to new ones.
I love that the quilt I will give them, they can take to whatever road lies ahead to give some comfort with their happy scrappy feel.

See you soon!

Pin It

1 opmerking:

Charlotte zei

Schitterende quilt!
(Kon ik dat ook maar...)
Groetjes,
Charlotte

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...