zaterdag 13 juni 2015

Just Jamming

Not so much sewing here to show you! And not so much blogging either. I lost my discipline on both. But I blame the weather and a busy streak on every front. I will get it together soon (I hope). This Saturday afternoon I desperately longed to be alone with my fabrics and just sew something together. But I gave myself permission to let you all know I didn't fall of the planet first.

I did make something though: Jam. My kids and I joined hands to make two batches. One of sweet strawberry jam (their favorite of course) and some semi sweet strawberry/blueberry jam. See how cute my cooling pots are!

 
For everyone who's thinking this is difficult, it really isn't! It starts with saving jars, but you could buy those too. Just buy (or harvest) 2,5 kg of soft fruit and get some special sugar (in Holland it is called Geleisuiker). Clean and blitz the fruit and add the juice of a lemon and follow the directions on the package of sugar. It takes just a few minutes to cook. Fill the jars with cooking water or put them in the dishwasher and fill them when they are still hot. Put on the lid and let them cool upside down. Nothing to it! You can save the jam for a year in the pantry. After opening you have to keep it in the fridge. That is why I use small jars. 



Broertje B is making labels for them as we speak (which is definitely his department). I want to use them as teachers gifts at the end of the year. Put on a nice bit of strawberry fabric and some Bakers twine and write a nice card to go with it. Maybe something like: It was a sweet year, or: I am actually a sweet boy (sometimes). I'll show you the finished results later on. Now I really need to go sew, I think you will understand....

See you soonPin It

2 opmerkingen:

Sofie zei

Mmmmmm... Zo lekker, zelfgemaakte confituur. Toen ik je titel las, dacht ik eerst aan trommelen ;-)
Groetjes Sofie

unegaeader zei

Playtech launches in Japan at launch for US$1bn slot
Playtech's latest 고양 출장샵 addition, the 태백 출장안마 company's first 양산 출장샵 US online slot, called Mega Vault, adds US$1 양주 출장샵 billion, to the already existing online 경산 출장안마 gaming

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...