donderdag 12 maart 2015

xxxxxxxx a finish for Floortje

Floortje is born! And I finished up just in time...

The finished top was done, you can find it here. A lot of fabrics I chose with my sister in mind like Eifel towers (she loves them and it was on her wedding invitation), French cookie fabric (bought in a lovely store in Uzes France together with her), the neon I know she loves, some lovely texty fabrics (in English and French) one stating places in America she has been, the white flowers on pink are a leftover from the quilt for her firstborn, the bee fabric (our last name is bee in dutch), and the pink crocodiles I think will make her laugh. I love this quilt like I loooove all of the babyquilts I've made for my sweet nieces over time, I love to do girly especially with a special girl in mind! Emma (Strawberry fields forever), Filippa (kaleidoscope), Merle (across the sea).








Quilt stats
Top: random 6 inch x-s using the tutorial from Pile'ofabric using pinks, minty greens and low volume (beige and white) fabrics.
Back: Some melody miller bees (some of the edge is showing, which I've decide to like) and a flannel pink alphabet fabric.
Binding: handbound in pink cut from a thrift store duvet cover
Quilting: Loopy Free Motion quilted on my home machine. Using light pink, until I ran out. I used some hot pink for the rest of the quilt. I love that it went the same with the fabric choices. At first I used only light pinks, but it became to flat and dull and I added some hot pinks there too!

See you soon!Pin It

1 opmerking:

ipatchandquilt zei

Van harte gefeliciteerd met het nieuwe familielid!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...