woensdag 18 februari 2015

xxxxxxxx

The x quilt top for my to be born baby niece is done!


 I used this tutorial by pile'ofacbric to make the x-es. There are several sizes available. I've made 6 inch blocks, since I happen to own a six inch square ruler and some cutting is involved. After considering making the cross stitches into the shape of a bird or snowflake, I decided to make a random lay-out with a few open spaces. The background is my interpretation of low volume, but only in white and beige-ish colors to keep it together. The baby room will be pink with minty green. I did use a variety of shades to make it lively. I especially love the touch of the neon pinks (again) and will have to by many yards of that fabric. The top now measures 48x60 inch and is a perfect cribsize I think.

 
Now I have to decide on backing and after that quilting. I am not sure about the quilting yet. Any ideas? Straight lines? something more round? Well let's sleep on it, see you soon!

Pin It

2 opmerkingen:

ipatchandquilt zei

Wat een superleuke quilt wordt dit!
Esther

dutchcomfort zei

beeeeeautiful quilt Eva-Marie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...