zondag 1 februari 2015

For the love of Hexies and Scraps

I admit to having difficulty with cutting into my stash and I love scrappy projects. This is a difficult combo...  So this is what I do: If I do cut into my stash for a new project I immediately cut some triangles for my economy blocks, save some for my scrappy Farmer's wife quilt and I leave the small scraps for my hexies. I cut into my stash, to make scraps LOL. Well, I decided it's okay to be weird in some things....

My scrappy hexies are still progressing, though not at a steady pace. Some weeks I stitch a few on every night and there are months I don't touch them. I almost never make any pictures since I work on them at night in front of the tv. I did some last night and I noticed I needed a new stash of hexies. So me and my helpers set to work today to make some. This gave me the opportunity of making some pictures of my project, now counting 1248 hexagons. Unbelievable.





May I remind you that my Alexander requested this to be a queensize quilt when we retire, I've been working on it for more than three years...

See you soon!Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...