woensdag 9 juli 2014

Teachers gifts

Since the weather is dreadful today, Morritz and I were making some perler beads teachers gifts. The end of the school year is coming near (at 100 miles an hour it seems) do it's a good time to start. We've made them before but as mothers day gifts, for which they serve very well too! We will probably fill them with some candy, or maybe some soapish things. This little tray is very versatile!



The making is of is very simple. You just choose a nicely shaped, heat resistant dish or bowl. You use oil ore baking spray to line it. After that you pour in pearler beads and use your hands to flatten them out into 1 layer. When doing that beads will go up the sides so you get a bowlish form. When to your liking put in a hot (as hot as you can) oven and it takes about ten minutes for the perler beads to melt into one another, just keep checking. Let it cool of and you can take your new bowl out of the other one.  Use different shapes for different effects, you could also use one or a selection of colors, but I love the no sweat cheerful effect of using a scoop of a big mixed Ikea pot of perler beads.

Speaking of cheerful and colorful, I'm getting in the mood for my summer holiday sewing. Maybe you know we were accompanied by my scrappy hexies for the last three camping holidays and I think I have now reached a quarter of a queen sized quilt. My Alexander will get it when we retire I promised, so I'm on schedule.


See you soon!Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...