zaterdag 12 juli 2014

Serve - Sugar block club

I've made the July block for the Sugar block club. It is called "Serve". The titles are meant to inspire and contemplate a little, this one doesn't ring with me directly. I'm not a serving person, as in following, obedient. Though you can interpret the term in many ways. In the meaning: knowing my obligations and keeping them, I think I generally do, except when in really obnoxious moods, which I have only seldom. Do you?

I have a zip lock bag containing the fabrics I have chosen for this quilt and the finished blocks and I take it out once a month. I'm not usually such a structured person, I don't usually plan out fabrics for an entire quilt. But I really like how this combo is working out. I do think there will be more months than fabric, so I have to figure out how to deal with that. Maybe mix in some more now, so I won't have to make the last blocks in different fabrics. The solids I can reorder I think.

This block was partly paper pieced. I love all the secondary patterns!


Here is a little mosaic with all 6 blocks. My friend Nicolette taught me how to make them over at bighugelabs and I am addicted ever since.


See you soon
Pin It

2 opmerkingen:

dutchcomfort zei

Gorgeous blocks Eva-Marie!

The first that came to mind reading the word serve was tennis...

Coser Tejer Crear zei

Love them Eva-Marie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...