maandag 24 februari 2014

the basket round robin

My own round robin started with a basket. In aqua and grey, which is a color combination I love.  Lots of lovely rounds were added by my Double dutch quilty friends. Slowly more limish green and purple were added. I'm not a purple person, but I couldn't help my self, I love it!

I received it back at our last meet and I decided tot put it "en point", which is a very professional quilting term for adding triangles to the sides. I had no idea how to do this with such a big thing. So I started sketching and browsing and measuring and pulling fabrics.

For anyone who is a little rusty in calculating how big a triangle should be when you only know the diagonal this is a useful link. I'm very proud of myself to calculate, cut and sew in a flow without making mistakes!


I chose a glittery white from michael miller, one of my favorite amy butlers (it reminds me of martini's with olives for some reason), a small flowery fabric (I bought in France) and an oakshot purple.


Did some sketshing and calculating, and this is the result, on my new showline of course!


See you soon!
Pin It

2 opmerkingen:

tante b zei

een bijzondere!

Muriel zei

Heel mooi! En met dank aan Pythagoras, toch?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...