woensdag 25 september 2013

Yannick has decided to enter the world

You all know I had finished a little boat medallion of course, but I couldn't show it yet because the baby wasn't coming and I wanted to surprise my friend. I blogged about it here and here. Let me tell you: he is cute! A little snugly big bear like my Fedde at 9 pounds. Yannick is sleeping under his new quilt so I can show you now!




Quilt stats:
Name: Boaty baby
Top: I chose the pieced boat and some double hourglasses, I added a white border and after that 2 strips of scrappy squares on top and bottom to give it some length.
Fabric: Lots of blues, whites, greys, beige with a touch of red. Built around the boat print I bought especially from Kokka (one of my all time favorites). I love that designer fabrics are mixed with old shirts, bed linnen and fabric from the market.
Back: Pieced with fabric that I used in the front too
Quilted: Straight lines sort of following the blocks in beige on my home machine
Binding: Scrappy, by hand.

Now I just have to iron his name on!
See you soon!

Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...