zondag 11 augustus 2013

Long time no see! Happy birthday Elsje!

Hi everyone! I think you've guessed why I was MIA. I got swamped with new house issues and work and left for a short and lovely holiday. You will be glad to know that after I got home from France I put the children to bed, the washing in the machine and I immediately fired up the laptop to tell you I haven't fallen of the edge of the earth (yet). Some busy times are still ahead, so maybe I'll be with you a little less frequently than you and I are used to, but I'll try to keep in touch. If not for you, than for me. I really miss the anchor to create when not blogging. I am not making creative promises to anyone when not blogging, I don't read other blogs, I loose touch.

So I will tell/show you more about the holiday later, but first I will show you a finish that was a secret until my mother in laws birthday. I finished the 4x5 random sampler in blues, greens, greys for her! I promised to finish it in the second quarter for the finish along and I almost made it! You can read more about the making here.







So the short version is that I used the blocks made with two rounds of the 4x5 modern quiltbee. And I added a lot of fabric panels, some flying geese, some extra blocks (the basket, HST's) and made it into a quilt! It's not a very traditional lay-out. I wanted to make it a little different, more playful, with more movement, more randomness to it.

I made it for my mother in law for her birthday, but also for taking care of my boys so very often and for being a hardcore blog fan. She really supports my sewing and quilting a lot, so she deserved a fullsized result! A lovely result for a lovely granny.

Though I didn't make all the blocks my self, I like that there is a cross in there, for she is a nurse, and a granny square for a granny and last but not least I used a shirt of her sons to make the extra blocks. It's a tiny blue and white stripe!

Quit stats
Name: Random granny sampler
Pattern: Lots of
Fabric: Lots of (designer and non designer cottons mixed, even an old shirt)
Quilting: Straight vertical lines
Binding: by hand.

Last but not least: A little sneak peak of my new home to be, so you now why I am busy!


See you soon!



Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...