dinsdag 27 november 2012

Paper - foundation piecing

I learned to paper or foundation piece during my quilting lessons with my sister. I like doing it, because you can make "things" with it (like painting something) and it's precise. What I don't like about it is it isn't efficient with fabric (you have to throw lots out) and that to make a small thing it takes lots of time. So I've made some small things with this method, but making a whole quilt with it won't be untill I'm retired or otherwise have lots more time on my hands. 

We learned at class using some prints form this cd Animal Kingdom. I loved it, but it's very rare and expensive. You kan find lots of nice anmimals though if you search the web. I had one little duck lying around and I made it into a zippy pouch for my friend's little girl who turned three. 

Ik heb leren paper of foundation piecen op quilt les met mijn zus. Het is letterlijk op het papier met patroon naaien. Ik vind het best leuk om te doen, je kan er "dingen mee maken" (in plaats van iets abstracts, dieren, huizen, bomen, etc.) en het is heel precies. Wat ik er niet leuk aan vind is dat het relatief veel tijd kost om iets kleins te maken. Er komt dus voorlopig geen quensize quilt aan met paperpiecing bij ZusjeB. Ik maakte bij de les een quiltje met 6 blokken van een cd die Animal Kingdom heette, maar die is bijna niet meer te krijgen. Maar je kunt genoeg patroontjes vinden als je googled. Superleuk! Nog steeds één van mijn favorieten. Ik had ook nog een eendje liggen en daar maakte ik een ritstasje van voor de dochter van een vriendin die 3 werd.




 And I'm making a paper pieced star for one of the members in the "creative quilt blocks" bee I'm in. I used the Maryland star pattern from Carol Doak's book. 
Ik ben nu met deze methode een ster aan het maken voor iemand uit de creative quilt blocks bee. Daar gebruik ik de maryland ster voor uit het boek van Carol Doak.


Tot gauw!

Pin It

Geen opmerkingen:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...